Welcome to Engine and Rescue Company 5! We are located on Route 3 West across from Chancellor Elementary School. Our first due consists of the Route 3 area from Five Mile Road to just past Ely's Ford Road and the area in between and but are known to run countywide at various times.
Our department was founded in May of 1956 right here at Engine and Rescue Company 5. This was the first Chancellor Fire Company. We pride ourselves in being a very aggressive fire company and considered by our members the best place to be. The firehouse we currently inhabit is the same building the members first placed into service in 1956. The building was built by the charter members and has very little creature comforts. It was no more than a two bay garage with enough space to store two modern for the times fire engines and little more. Over the years the station has seen many changes both inside and out. There were additions for the new bays, a kitchen was added, bathrooms and eventually bunk rooms and a dayroom were added in order to make the station able to be occupied 24 hours a day.